Prefab Affordable Housing
Prefabricated or modular buildings are off-site factory-made components and units (called modules) that are transported and assembled on-site to make the entire building.
Prefab houses have many advantages. This includes minimum waste, reduced building schedules, fixed costs, and a limited impact on the environment. Compared to the conventional construction process, modular construction is based on faster and safer manufacturing, better predictability to completion time, superior quality, fewer workers on-site, less resource wastage.
Environmentally Friendly Construction
Modular construction is a more environmentally friendly solution. Modular construction can reduce landfill waste by at least 70%, delivery vehicle visits by up to 70%, noise and disruption by 30–50%, and reportable accidents by over 80% relative to site-intensive construction
Prefabricated modules demonstrate satisfactory performance under the static, dynamic impact, cyclic, seismic, blast, fire and long-term sustained loading, and especially viable for the countries in the active seismic zones, as Armenia.
Overall the reduced costs of manufacturing make the housing available and affordable for a larger public.
Building the Future
We plan to build over 300 houses and buildings with the following key features:
- Manufactured locally: The building materials will be manufactured at a local factory that will be established and operated in the area of the Distrikt.
- Variety of Building Types: There will be a variety of affordable building types that include live/work units, single-family houses, semi-detached houses, big-family houses mixed with commercial spaces. This will ensure the attraction of potential residents of different age groups, as well as families of various sizes.
- Locate active uses on the ground floor: This will ensure accessible and walkable streets across the plan area and in strategic locations. The ground floor can be used for different purposes, such as bakery, offices, shops, etc.
- Ownership and For-Rent Units: Both ownership and for-rent affordable and market-rate housing options will be offered to provide flexibility and ensure an equitable community.
- Residential Amenities: On-site residential amenities will be provided that attract residents of all ages, including families with children as well as elderly residents in both affordable and market-rate units.
If you’re looking for a less expensive, easier to design, and more sustainable home, then a prefab modular home could be exactly what you’ve been dreaming of. Although there are very spendy options out there in the prefab world, we found eighteen that offer good value for money at their price points. →
An eco-friendly prefabricated tiny home is a great way to literally reduce the footprint of your home but, as I’ve explained elsewhere in this series, a tiny home is not necessarily more eco-friendly than a standard-sized home. How about prefabricated buildings in general?. →
There’s a reason why we have factories. A bunch of reasons, actually. Ask any automaker and they’ll rhyme off a few. Prebuilt homes, also called prefabricated, prefab or modular homes, are homes built primarily in a factory before being shipped to the site for final assembly. With the attention to detail and efficiency that comes from refining a work process over the years in the factory comes a number of environmental and economic benefits. Here are seven benefits of prefab homes. →