Distrikt Ventures, LLP is the vehicle for investing the real estate, infrastructure and new startup businesses that will be based in the Distrikt.
As the first SDG-complaint tech community in the region, the Distrikt will have a unique architecture with energy-efficient buildings using solar panel for electrical energy and geothermal heating to minimize or eliminate any environmental impact.
The first priority is to develop the sustainable infrastructure for the integrated residential, recreational, commercial and work spaces, including an eco-friendly sanitation system, natural fresh spring and pond, solar power and geothermal heat.
By leveraging the existing buildings with some new construction, the Distrikt could quickly become operational as a sustainable technology hub.
Creative Industries are some of the important pillars in the startup ecosystem of the Distrikt – including design, fashion, performance and art galleries.
Distrikt Ventures is a closed-end fund that will never raise more than $20 million. An initial group of 50 investors is expected with minimum investment of $50,000 each to fund the Distrikt economic and social growth engine for Gyumri and Armenia.
Nour Management LLC
Nour Management, LLC is the General Partner that will invest the seed funds for the Distrikt Ventures Limited Liability Partnership, led by several highly influential leaders as initial LLPs:
- Berge Ayvazian
- Todd Fabacher
- Zara Ingilizian
- Chi Chan
Distrikt Development is the vehicle for investing in new startups that will have teams in the Distrikt.
Several new startups have already separately incorporated in the US as LLCs will be incubated in the Distrikt, supported by Digital Pomegranate, the App design and development tech company:
- TriviaMatic, LLC – offering trivia games played in real time at restaurants and bars.
- Amplified Education, LLC – developing LMS platforms such as English Bento
- Express VAT – processes VAT payments in the UK
- CommPro App, LLC and Aion Clouds – developing the CommPRO Planner App
- Farmfresh – solutions for sustainable farming that includes aquaponic farming, hydroponic farming, and modern greenhouse practices
- SeekUnique – offering beautiful mobile-friendly website templates designed for the antiques and art industry to showcase stock with integrated SEO
- Digital Silk Road – the new start-up project of Digital Pomegranate
- 3D printers will be available to be used by its participants in the Idea Shop.
- 3D printed jewelry is one of the products to be designed and exported from the Distrikt.
- Architecture – For decades, renderers would “flesh-out” plans and blueprints into a drawing, usually somewhat realistic, that was essentially the first “picture” of the new building. Welcome to the future. Now, these renderings are done on the computer, and you can add motion and depth, so clients can see a “fly-by” that illustrates all angles of vision (including a birds-eye or ground perspective view). Additionally, the views can go inside the structure, too. This way, clients know exactly what they’re in for on their
- Publishing – Publishers of textbooks and other illustrated books are making use of 3D modeling more and more. It allows them to show pictures that otherwise they might not be able to get, for various reasons, including access and copyright issues. Sometimes, the illustrations may be fantastical, and they can help show an artist’s version of something that mankind has never seen, like historic events or visions of the future.
In this episode, Todd Fabacher talks about his experience as a serial entrepreneur and insights he has accumulated over the years not only in Armenia but also in tech-leading nations in the Far East. →